Great People, Great Work
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini offers a fast-paced, stimulating work environment. As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will be encouraged to develop your skills, share your expertise, and build strong relationships inside and outside the office. Our diverse talents and personalities help create sustainable and innovative designs that strengthen our communities. From entry-level to leadership, all our people contribute to who we are and what we are capable of.
We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees and their families. As part of our efforts to promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules and in-house continuing education unit seminars. Our firm sponsors organized sports teams, office gatherings, and volunteer activities so employees, families, and friends can share new experiences together.
For more information about becoming part of our team, email HR@dpsdesign.org.
Careers in Albuquerque, NM
Group Manager: We are looking for a positive, efficient person who enjoys working with others to manage the administration of a busy group and is able to juggle multiple tasks. This position requires working with a diverse staff of over 35 design professionals and reporting to the group leaders. Duties include:
- Proactively maintain the group schedule to ensure group staff are well-utilized and projects are staffed with an appropriate team, and track upcoming project milestones relating to deadlines, design reviews, and quality reviews.
- Attend group Project Manager meetings and company scheduling meetings to coordinate upcoming staffing needs.
- Report to Principals about any project schedule concerns or unmet staffing needs.
- Coordinate with HR staff and group Principals to ensure all staff get regular performance reviews by their direct supervisors.
- Maintain a content schedule for monthly group meetings and bimonthly project manager meetings, coordinating with group staff as needed to identify topic and training needs and presenters.
- Coordinate with Project Managers for new projects to ensure that new project forms are created and coordinated with internal consultants, and track trends relating to consultant costs.
- Pull financial performance reports on each active project and on overhead accounts on a regular schedule, review with Project Managers, and report to group leaders any concerns that need to be addressed.
- Track performance against group sales goals and retreat goals and provide monthly/quarterly updates.
- May include other tasks, such as helping to manage continuing ed requirements related to staff licenses and credentials.
- Identifying and implementing other ways to improve the group’s performance and streamline group management.
Qualified candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, be self-sufficient and able to make decisions, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines. Strong skills in the MS Office Suite on a PC platform required. Knowledge of Deltek software is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Construction Management, or a related field is preferred.
Market Research Assistant: We are seeking a self-starter with sharp analytical skills and a passion for market research. Responsibilities include conducting research into potential projects, geographic markets, partnering opportunities, and competitors to analyze data and distill information into salient points that others can act on. Position requires effective written and verbal communication skills, understanding of research methods and resources, initiative, report compilation, and the ability to work in a collaborative, diverse environment. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or similar, and at least 2 years of relevant experience. A/E/C industry experience or knowledge preferred but not required. This is not a graphic design or BD/sales position. Please email your cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples (preferably of research findings - non-returnable).
Architect: Minimum of 3 years as a Registered Architect. Strong educational facility design, leadership, organization, and project management skills are essential. Architectural license required, preferably in New Mexico. Position requires effective communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, and proven AutoCAD and Revit proficiency. Albuquerque, NM
Healthcare Architect/Project Manager: Registered Architect with 15+ years of experience in Healthcare Architecture in acute care hospitals, advance diagnostic and treatment environments, and ambulatory clinics. Experience with healthcare codes, FGI, and functional design highly desirable. The ability to create and implement design concepts and continue the development through all design phases is required along with the ability to work well in a design team environment. Guiding and managing a design team is a responsibility of this position. Experience in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp is required. Knowledge and experience in Revit is preferred. Architectural license required, preferably in New Mexico. Masters degree in Architecture preferred. ACHA certification is a plus. Albuquerque, NM
HR Generalist: Human Resources Generalist manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office. Manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. Carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training and development, benefits, organizational development, and employment. Undergrad degree in HR or related field required. Graduate degree preferred; 2+ years Human Resources experience is preferred.
Intern Architect: Position requires effective communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. AutoCAD and/or Revit proficiency is required. Three (3+) years experience in an architectural setting is preferred. Albuquerque, NM
Senior Healthcare Architect: Registered Architect with 15-20 years of experience in Healthcare Architecture involving acute care hospitals, advanced diagnostic and treatment environments, and ambulatory clinics. Experience with private and public healthcare clients and projects preferred. The successful candidate must have excellent healthcare design skills and knowledge with experience in space and functional programming. The ability to create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases is highly desired along with the ability to work well in a team environment. Project, client, and team management are also responsibilities of this position. Use of Revit and AutoCAD a plus but must have full command of Microsoft Word. Excel and Project as well as SketchUp and other graphic programs and tools. Architectural license required. Masters degree in Architecture preferred. ACHA certification is also preferred. Albuquerque, NM
Careers in Las Cruces, NM
Please check back periodically as we post more career opportunities in this office location.
Careers in Amarillo, TX
Architect: Minimum of 5 years of experience. Strong design, leadership, and organization skills are essential. Strong project management is required. Architectural license required, preferably in Texas. Position requires effective communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Proficiency with Revit is required. Amarillo, TX.
Intern Architect: Position requires effective communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Suite, and Google SketchUp is required. Three plus (3+) years experience in an architectural setting is preferred.
Careers in Phoenix, AZ
Architect: Minimum of 5 years of experience. Must have a current architectural registration in the state of Arizona or be qualified to obtain one immediately. Experience with school, university, or other public sector design projects in Arizona is a plus. Position requires effective communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, and proven Revit proficiency. Phoenix, AZ
Careers in all D/P/S office locations
Landscape Architect / Designer: Minimum of 8 years of experience, or demonstration of required expertise. Smart, talented, self-motivated, design-oriented, and technically skilled landscape architect or landscape designer with project management experience. The office location of the position is flexible, but may be dependent on the skills of the candidate. Candidates must be prepared to operate remotely between offices, be available to travel, be able to win and produce work, and be able to work independently as well as within teams. Candidates should have experience in recreation, urban design, commercial, retail, multi-family housing, K-12, higher education, and healthcare. Position requires the following:
- Design: fluency in all phases of collaborative site and landscape design; strong technical knowledge including experience preparing and reviewing documents through all aspects of the design process with an emphasis on construction documentation and construction administration; knowledge of sustainable and resilient site planning and landscape design practices.
- Management: demonstrate expertise in managing projects including preparing fee proposals, creating and managing project schedules, fee/budget management and QA/QC of all documentation; demonstrate leadership in mentoring staff, customer service, and coordinating and working with teams.
- Communications and Media: fluency in AutoCad, the Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign. Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is highly beneficial.
Other beneficial skills include graphic communication talent with 3D programs like SketchUp, Revit, SiteOps, and Lumion. Recreation and campus planning experience preferred. Position open in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas offices.
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. Download information informing you of your rights under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Carolyn Laarkamp, EEO Coordinator, at 505.761.9700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case by case basis.