Location: Albuquerque, NM | Amarillo, TX | Las Cruces, NM | Phoenix, AZ
Experience: 3+ years
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini is a diverse group of people unified around the idea that exceptional design has the power to positively impact the built environment and the quality of life for the communities they serve. If you are looking for an opportunity where your skills can be enhanced by collaboration with a team of people focused on success, you may be the right fit for the following position in our firm:
Specifications Writer: An experienced, collaborative Specifications Writer to develop detailed architectural project specifications and assist project teams in coordinating contract documents for a variety of project types. Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in specifications development and a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or relevant field. Must possess a strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. This role requires the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within a deadline, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Review drawings and other project information to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinate compliance with project requirements, institutional guidelines, firm standards, technical conditions, acceptable standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations, and codes
· Plan, schedule, organize, and prepare construction specifications for the various phases/milestone deliverables of projects working from the firm wide master specification core
· Prepare and review the procurement and contracting requirements, including the Division 01 General Requirement sections
· Coordinate and review consultant technical specifications for conformance with firm standards and remainder of Project Manual. Ensure consultants receive and follow most current specification formatting conventions
· Perform product research; assist project designers with material and product selections
· Prepare, assist or coordinate with internal Project Architects and non-architectural disciplines such as structural engineering and landscape architecture in specifications and project manual preparation
· Maintain awareness of evolving building technology, codes, and systems by staying abreast of product developments, code changes, and current industry trends
· Assist construction administration staff with review of product submittals and evaluate substitution requests and make recommendations regarding compliance with specifications
Required Qualifications: Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or relevant field. At least 5 years in architectural practice with a minimum of 3 years of experience in specifications development who can begin remotely with the eventual transfer to in-office collaboration. Construction Specifications Institute Certification such as CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) or equivalent preferred. Preference may be given to candidates with experience using BDS-SpecLink (SL-E or SL-C), knowledge of MasterSpec, SpecsIntact, or other specification writing software, familiarity with Revit, experience integrating BIM with specifications, and/or knowledge of sustainability and LEED guidelines.
Dekker/Perich/Sabatini offers competitive benefits and salary packages based on education and experience. For a full list of our benefit options, please visit our careers homepage. Email your application materials to Recruiter@dpsdesign.org
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Application Materials: Resume, References
Do you love the work you do and are looking for an immersive, engaging, and exciting internship opportunity? D/P/S is always looking for talented interns in each of our four offices throughout the year.
Internships are paid and last approximately three months. We would love to know more about you and the skills you bring to our fast-paced and fun-filled firm.
The need for interns depends on our ever-changing workload, so send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Recruiter@dpsdesign.org and we will get back to you soon with our current availability!
Student internships at D/P/S are on temporary hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check this page for future updates.
Download our D/P/S Career Guide
Start a conversation! Don't see the position you're looking for or have a question? Email our Recruiter, Cat.