Home



A Brief History of D/P/S


About Us | Our History | Locations | Leadership | Awards/Publications | Contact Us

Dekker/Perich/Sabatini (D/P/S) began in 1998 with the merger of two highly successful New Mexico firms.  Dekker, Perich & Associates, owned and operated by Dale Dekker, AIA and Steve Perich, AIA, was an outgrowth of Art Dekker Architects, Dale’s father’s firm founded in 1959 in Albuquerque. By 1998 the firm had grown to over 50 personnel with a strong practice in education, commercial, housing and government facilities. Holmes Sabatini Architects with offices in Albuquerque, NM and Henderson, NV owned and operated by Bill Sabatini and Jess Holmes was widely known for their strong healthcare, higher education, and laboratory design practice.

Sharing the same design ideals, business approach and ethics, Dale Dekker, Steve Perich and Bill Sabatini believed that together they could create a design firm of the highest caliber. The merger created a diverse, financially strong practice focused on design excellence that was based in Albuquerque, NM.

In 2003 D/P/S opened an office in Amarillo, TX.  With two Principals of the firm having strong roots in the West Texas Panhandle we seized the opportunity to become a locally oriented firm with a strong regional backing.

Fast forward to present and D/P/S has become a dominant firm in the Southwest, with a strong reputation for customer service and design excellence.  Providing comprehensive services to a variety of public and private clients throughout the Southwest, coupled with a strong focus on client service and relationships, we have a bright future ahead.